$1 Million Nashville Home Destroyed After Hoverboard Spontaneously Combusted

0
574 views

hoverboard destroys nasheville homeIt appears that all those hoverboard-catching-on-fire stories might be true after all. The Nashville Fire Department has reported that two fires in the last three months have already been caused by hoverboards.

The most recent of those fires has just destroyed a $1 million home on Radcliff Drive. Two teens living in the home hid upstairs after hearing noises from downstairs, according to the Fire Department. The noise they were running from turned out not to be a burglar, but instead, their FITURBO F1 hoverboard combusting into flames. A 16-year-old girl had to jump out the second-floor window into her father’s arms due to smoke and a 14-year-old boy was helped down by the dad with the use of a ladder. Both teens suffered minor injuries and the 4,000 square foot home was completely destroyed.

An investigation found friends of the family also had a hoverboard that was purchased in the same batch caught, which also caught on fire. It’s now recommended that consumers only purchase branded hoverboards such as The Powerboard or The Leray Self Balancing Scooter, which go through more rigorous testing before being sold to the public.

Nashville Fire officials advise residents who own hoverboards to always use manufacturer-supplied chargers, to not leave hoverboards charging overnight, and to always follow the manufacturer’s recommended charging times.

Please share;

[cresta-social-share]




Comments

comments