Some might think that they are only make from potatoes, salt, and oil, but according to a 2013 transpancy campaign, we know that the fries are actually made up of;
– Canola oil (most is GMO)
– Hydrogenated soybean oil (most is also GMO)
– Sunflower oil
– Beef flavoring (wheat and milk derivatives).
– Dextrose – a type of sugar.
– Sodium acid pyrophosphate – a colouring agent, unfortunately not recommended for digestion.
– Citric Acid used as preservative.
– Dimethylpolysiloxane – an anti-foaming agent.
– TBHQ – a petroleum-based preservative.
– Vegetable oil for frying – a blend of 7 ingredients including: canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with tert-butylhydroquinone (TBHQ), citric acid, and dimethylpolysiloxane.
– Salt (silicoaluminate, dextrose, potassium iodide).
The result of using so many chemicals is a virtually inedible product, as evidenced by this time-lapse video;
[one_third] [/one_third] [one_third] [/one_third] [one_third_last] [/one_third_last]