Top 7 Things Chronically Happy People Do Every Day

0
277 views

Scientific studies have shown that you have complete control over 12 percent of what makes you happy on a daily basis. The happiest people among us understand how to make the 12% effect the remaining 88% of our lives.

Here are the most significant things consistent among the happiest people;

#1 Exercising

venturi design jewelry

habit-of-the-happiest-people1

Some of the happiest people may not necissarily be in the greatest shape, but most people only need seven minutes of exercise a day to maintain their happiness. 7 minutes is typically enough to make your body release endorphins, the neurotransmitters responsible for that famous “runner’s high.” They might not even call it exercise, but happy people find at least a small period of time each day to devote to moving around.

 

#2 Going Outside

secrets-to-be-happy

Only 20 minutes each day outside is enough to noticeably improve your happiness. Combine this with choice No. 1 to kill 2 birds with 1 stone! A simple walk at lunch or even a little time in the backyard, on the patio, or at a nearby park makes the difference. They might not even realize its impact on their happiness, but happy people make it a point to get outdoors.

 

#3 Focusing on Family

habit-of-the-happiest-people3

75% of Americans surveyed by the Pew Research Center recently responded that their family was “the most important, most satisfying element of their lives,” according to a U.S. News article on the study. Try to bury the hatchet with your brother-in-law and focus on your parents, children, or siblings if you want to be happier. Most happy people find at least a few minutes every day (often much more) to do things to improve their family relationships.

 

#4 Making Time For Friends

habit-of-the-happiest-people4

We can’t pick our family, but we can pick our friends – be sure to spend at least some time with them every day to improve happiness. Even just checking in for a few minutes on the phone or a 10-minute conversation can make a noticeable difference. If you’re truly among the busiest people among us, merge this with choices No. 1 and 2, and exercise outside together (bring your family if you’re truly hardcore). Happy people might not always have as much time as they’d like, but they find a way to interact with friends.

 

#5 Choosing to Find Meaning At Work

habit-of-the-happiest-people5

Many happy people haven’t yet found their dream job or their true calling – they might not even love their work – but they have learned how to find a way to put their daily tasks in perspective and to find pride and joy in what they do.

 

#6 Contribute to the Community

giving back to the community

Community involvement gives people a sense of belonging and improves overall self-worth. Most truly happy people find a way to share something with their broader communities – going beyond their families and groups of close friends. Happy people are usually involved with professional associations, church groups, or athletic organizations, and they make sure to find some way to share with them every day.

 

#7 Getting Enough Sleep

habit-of-the-happiest-people7

People to don’t get enough sleep are more likely to be irritable, and have their judgment impaired, affecting their overall happiness. Happy people might be no less busy than the rest of us, but they squeeze something else out of their lives if necessary. They give up television watching, Internet surfing, or simply worrying about things they can’t affect–and they choose to get at least seven or eight hours of sleep every day.

 

What else have you found to contribute to your happiness?

 

Comments

comments