If you haven’t planned anything for dear old Dad, check out this list of fun Father’s Day activities and gift ideas.
Here are the top free events and give-always on Father’s Day weekend in the Charlotte area;
- Art: Dads get into the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art for free Saturday, June 14th, and Sunday, June 15th. They also get 10% off at the museum store.
- Birds: Dads get into Carolina Raptor Center for free this coming Sunday, June 15th.
- Mini-Golf: Dads can play mini-golf for free at Adventure Landing when accompanied by a paying golfer.
- Swim: Dads get into Ray’s Splash Planet, the indoor water park, for free from 1:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Race: Fathers and kids can race each other at The Pit, 346 East Plaza Drive in Mooresville, and the first race is free. Sunday, June 15th, 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Treats: Free yogurt for dads at participating TCBY locations on Sunday.
- Ribs: Buy a BBQ Ribs meal at Boston Market and get another for free. You will need this coupon.
If you still need a Father’s Day gift – here are some great ideas for last minute gifts;
- Bargains: Top bargains for Dad, including deep discounts on stuff like power tools, clothes, cell phone chargers.
- Clothes: For a limited time, spend $100 on men’s clothing at Amazon and get 20% off. (Click Here to Browse Eligable Products) Use the promo code DAD20CLT at checkout.
- Groupons: Shop Groupon’s Father’s Day store for some incredible deals around the Charlotte area.
Here are a few other free things to do this weekend:
- Shakespeare: Last weekend of Charlotte Shakespeare’s production of Love’s Labor’s Lost, held outside on The Green Uptown.
- History: Levine Museum of the New South is free every Sunday to groups smaller than 10.
- Juneteenth: The 17th Annual Juneteenth Celebration of the Carolinas goes on all weekend at Independence Park.
- Music and Movie: The Charlotte Symphony’s Pops Concert at Romare Bearden Park features music from movies, followed by a showing of a Star Trek movie on Saturday evening. Before hand there will be a food truck rally.