McDonalds recently released a video to try to convince the public that their fries are safe, natural, and chemical free. Unfortunately, they significantly stretched the truth.
Some might think that they are only make from potatoes, salt, and oil, but according to a 2013 transpancy campaign, we know that the fries are actually made up of;
– Canola oil (most is GMO)
– Hydrogenated soybean oil (most is also GMO)
– Sunflower oil
– Beef flavoring (wheat and milk derivatives).
– Dextrose – a type of sugar.
– Sodium acid pyrophosphate – a colouring agent, unfortunately not recommended for digestion.
– Citric Acid used as preservative.
– Dimethylpolysiloxane – an anti-foaming agent.
– TBHQ – a petroleum-based preservative.
– Vegetable oil for frying – a blend of 7 ingredients including: canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with tert-butylhydroquinone (TBHQ), citric acid, and dimethylpolysiloxane.
– Salt (silicoaluminate, dextrose, potassium iodide).
The result of using so many chemicals is a virtually inedible product, as evidenced by this time-lapse video;
[one_third] [/one_third] [one_third] [/one_third] [one_third_last] [/one_third_last]